Last Posted: March 1, 2023
The General Data Protection Regulation, which became effective on May 25, 2018, creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to all companies that process data about individuals in the European Union. The GDPR imposes responsibilities on “data controllers” and “data processors.” A company is a “data controller” when it has the responsibility of determining why and how personal data is processed. A company is a “data processor” when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. The Company operates as a data controller.
Age of Users
This Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have inadvertently and without authorization obtained any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information.
If a parent or guardian of a minor engages us to provide telehealth services, such services and protected health information provided with respect thereof shall be subject to additional terms and conditions, including a written consent by the parent or guardian and our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Personal Information Collected
We recognize the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This may include, but is not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a credit card number, a date of birth, or a phone number. If you are visiting our Website to browse or find information about our products or services, you do not need to provide any personal information about yourself or about any other person. If you decide to register or make a purchase, however, we may collect this information so that we can provide you with the product or service you requested.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or purchasing our products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, such as when you request support, contact us with questions or feedback, complete our surveys, engage with us on social media or otherwise interact with us.
- Your responses to our assessments and evaluations that you may take in connection with the services offered on and through the Website. Answers to questions that are personal in nature are used to provide you with personalized results and reports.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and/or the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Details necessary to process your orders when you place an order through the Website, information about your payment transactions, and order history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications, products, activities, events, and publications.
Our Website may use browser cookies, session identifiers, and browser detection technology to provide consumers with a more pleasant, personalized online experience. Many browsers provide consumers with the ability to disable some or all of these technologies. Disabling them may prevent you from viewing some webpages. Cookies we use do not place any personally identifiable information on your computer.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Information Collected from Third Party Platforms
Third-Party Use of Supplemental Technologies
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Personal Information Use
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide, support, personalize and developing the Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To fulfill your orders, including by communicating them to delivery networks and other service providers and by providing you with receipts, and order confirmations.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, resolve disputes, and/or troubleshoot problems, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Website, products, and services.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental relations.
- In any other way as described to you when collecting your personal information or for any other purpose with your consent.
If you submit an order through our Website you will receive an email confirmation from our system. As your order status changes, you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email or social media notifications concerning products or services and newsletters. Any such notification will include instructions for opting out of future mailings. We delete credit card data following successful processing of the payment transaction.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- With your consent.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we disclose information provided by you are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party advertisers or for any other web sites reached through links from our Website.
We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties without your consent.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of personal information you provide to us when making purchases through the Website.
Confidentiality and Security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected and have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your Rights; Contact
You may contact us at the address indicated below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to:
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write or email to us at the address indicated above.
Effective Date: March 1, 2023
Copyright © 2023 Teach a Kid to Fish, LLC. All rights reserved.